Monday, October 4, 2010

Shakespeare Sonnet 29


The Grade 6's are studying The Tudors and Shakespeare. Here is a sonnet we listened to that has been made into a song, making it very accessible to 12 year olds.

When, in disgrace with fortune and men's eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries
And look upon myself and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featured like him, like him with friends possess'd,
Desiring this man's art and that man's scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven's gate;
For thy sweet love remember'd such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings. 

1 comment:

  1. flattering on most figures, except those with a small stature. high low dresses The volume of the skirt along with the fitted bodice teams up to generate high low dresses tunning curves and the flowing lines stream all the way down to make and fabulous impression. high low dresses

    ReplyDelete

Great!! Thank you for the comment!!
Getting feedback is important to our writers.

Tips for blog comments:
#1 Compliment the writer in a specific way
#2 Add information
#3 Make a connection
#4 Ask a question
#5 Proofread your comment